Sunday, May 22, 2011

Yogurt Results

You're waiting with baited breath, I can tell.

I ended up heating up the oven a little bit.... I stuck the thermometer between the two bottles and got a reading of 85 degrees about half-way through the process.  Not an entirely accurate way to take the temperature, but I thought it was perhaps a little telling?    I turned on the oven (CRAZY I KNOW, WHAT WITH THE TOWEL IN THERE AND ALL).... waited a few seconds and turned it off... worrying that the slight jostling from opening and closing the door might disturb those lovely bacterial cultures.

I heated it up only slightly.  The top vent that comes out of the oven to my stove top was also blocked off in an effort to keep the heat in the oven.

At 9pm I pulled it out of the warm oven.
 Yummy warm yogurt.  It's a little thin.  When I scooped out the first scoop it was a little runny.  After being in the fridge for 12 hours though it thickened a little with liquid forming on top where I had scooped out some.  I drained if off. I could have stirred it in, but since it's a little runny, I poured that liquid off and the rest is great.

Can't wait to serve it to the kids with, honey, maple syrup, or jam in it... yum

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm homemade yogurt with homemade raspberry freezer jam...

    ReplyDelete