Friday, May 27, 2011

Hair and Hockey Go Together like Henrik and Daniel, Coffee and Bailey's, Babies and Diapers.

I have fine memories of hockey... and hair... together.  Saturday Nights were hockey nights in our house, and it was also the nights us kids took regular baths.  My hair was past my bottom and in an Ontario winter, I could not go to bed with it wet.  My dad would blow-dry my hair and watch the hockey game that was on.  The other thing that made it pretty special was that it was the one night of the week that we were allowed to eat chips and have half a pop.  I found myself re-creating old memories the other night during Vancouver's Game 4 against the Sharks.

Twirling Kaelyn's hair while the Vancouver Canucks played Game 4 of their series with the San Jose Sharks.
Dave and Wes were out running errands.
Kaelyn and I watched the game... and did our hair.

Luongo under seige.
Our attempt at trying to create curly hair. I did not blow-dry it though... I can't even imagine the noise intrusion during a game... I'm sure my brothers resented my hair and were pretty happy when I cut it just before hockey season when I was in grade 3.

Bringing my girls up right!!!  The curly hair was a disaster, but the Canucks won 4-2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment