Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dry Enchilada Sauce Mix

So I recently came upon Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution show. I know. It's old, but I just found it so that makes it noteworthy. It's inspiring. Over the last year or so I've strived to buy and use less processed foods and to serve foods without packaging, without processing. Raw. Since moving to 2.5 acres in the Lower Mainland last June... just 10 months ago, we've raised our own chickens, pig, bought a side of beef, started a garden and have big BIG plans to raise our own meat, perhaps a dairy cow (aside: did you know you get 16 plus litres of milk FROM ONE COW!!!? What would I DO with all that freaking MILK?!), get a llama, some sheep or goats. We're not sure....when we moved in, the entire house was stuck in the 70ies... that little point deserves and entire post dedicated to it. For tonight, I'll just repeat a facebook post that I made.
When I look up a recipe on the internet, what I find really frustrating is reading on the ingredients list: "1 package dry enchilada sauce mix". I mean, that's why I looked up the recipe. I WANT TO MAKE IT! I don't want a package.... that's why I looked up the recipe. Duh.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! This is my kind of blog :)
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or one package pilsboy dough..... Or when u want to make a soup stock from a bird carcass and it calls for bouillon cubes! Love ur blog!

    ReplyDelete