Thursday, May 5, 2011

Yesterday the sun shone.... all day!

So, a few days ago I broke down.... it's not that my life is soooo hard. No one is at my door with a gun, no member of my family has a terminal illness, I have more than, more than enough. I have a lovely life. I am busy. But, I can't keep up (with my own stupid standards).... and two days ago I broke under the pressure of a two year old screaming at? with? -who knows anymore- a four year old, and a one year old who seems to be in a perpetual state of snotty grumpy cold flu teething mess, and a six year old who is way, way, WAY smarter than me.
Or it could have been the weather.... Can we just get more than one day of semi-sunshine?  I didn't think that was too much to expect.  It is.  This constant state of cold grey is wearing on me and I NEED a vitamine D fix.  BADLY.  Even for the Lower Mainland, this weather is just out of the ordinary.
Or maybe it was because I am just getting over a cold that has lasted for 2 weeks and I can't seem to catch up on my sleep...
Whatever it was. I phoned Dave sobbing. "I can't do this anymore"  and with three screaming kids in the background, he knew it was true.  He offered me a job 2 days a week on the spot.  I just need to set up daycare.
Yesterday, the sun shone.... all day... a friend of mine offered to take my kids. All three younger ones while Kaelyn was at school.  She said "Do something for you!  Anything you want and don't worry about the kids."  I LOVE HER.
Want to know what I did?  I ran. I showered (I know!!! It's a good day when....). I cleaned the bathrooms. I cleaned the kitchen. I de-cluttered. I had lunch in the sun. By. My. Self.  So simple and yet it was heavenly.  I picked up Kaelyn from the bus and we headed over to Marie's dairy farm.  Dave and Kaelyn and I went out for dinner together.... and the other 3 kids were back in time for bed.

Thank-You Anita.  Words could not express how much oil was poured on my soul.  I woke up this morning ready to tackle the day. Refreshed and ready. thank-you. I WILL be paying this one forward.... just give me a decade to get ready.   All you ladies planning on being a mom in a decade or so from now... I'm your new best friend. You just don't know it yet.

1 comment: