Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ground Beef Enchiladas - NO DRY SAUCE MIX HERE!

This was Dave's Brithday Dinner Request.  Again. I'm not brilliant enough to take photos, so I'll just post the recipe.  I consider it a HUGE success because the kids actually ate it without too much complaining. Remind me to make these when I run out of ideas.  I NEVER think to make wraps... I should.

Make 1&1/2 cups of brown rice ... as it's cooking make:


Sauce

2 garlic cloves (I like garlic)
1/4  onion - finely chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp sugar (optional, but it softens the flavor)
1/2 tsp chilli powder

combine in small pot and saute onions until clear then add

1 can crushed tomatoes
3-4 tablespoons salsa
and maybe a little water to thin it... your call.


 Beef Mixture

1 lb ground beef
Hys seasoning salt (no MSG in there baby)
pepper
2 cloves garlic
3/4 onion - finely chopped
2 cloves garlic


Brown the meat then add

1/3 cup of enchilada sauce (above)

Mix and take off stove

Warm wraps in damp towel in the oven or microwave (you'll need to preheat your oven anyway)

Grate 2 cups of cheese.
Add 3 Tablespoons of sauce to the bottom of of an 8x13 pan

WRAPS

In each wrap place:
meat mixture
rice
cheese
fresh spinach

Wrap up tucking in all sides and place in pan Making sure to put sauce in between them and on the sides of your pan so they don't stick so much.

Make a trail of sauce in the middle of the enchiladas... place remaining cheese on top of sauce.  If you're creative chop up some black olives and place on top.

Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted

serve with sour cream and the rest of the enchilada sauce

Yum. I can't believe the kids ate it. woop woop

No comments:

Post a Comment