Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The crowd was pleased!! Quinoa Chicken Broccoli Casserole

This comes with RAVE REVIEWS.  Seriously.  My family ate the whole pan!  It's cheesy goodness will win you over!!! Yay for learning to cook with QUINOA!

1 cup quinoa (cooked - I did mine in a rice cooker)
2 cups water (water needed to cook quinoa)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used shrimp)
3 cups broccoli florets
1 1/2 cups light sour cream
1/2 cup light mayo
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp prepared mustard
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp minced fresh basil
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used mozzarella & cheddar)

Preheat oven to 350º
Spread cooked quinoa over the bottom of your casserole pan.
Brown the chicken breasts both sides (5 minutes each side) OR, I fried the shrimp in coconut oil.
Cool the chicken and slice into 1 inch wide strips. OR shell the shrimp and spread evenly in pan.
Steam your broccoli slightly.  You want it still slightly uncooked.

 Place the broccoli on top.


Mix the sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, curry, mustard & basil.
Spread on top of everything else in the pan


Spread the cheese on top. Take a picture with the cookbook.
Cook for about 20-25 minutes until the cheese is browned.

 DELISH!

I served it with these yummy bread sticks I found on Pinterest. They are basically pizza dough, rolled and twisted.  On top I added coarse salt & Italiano Seasoning.  Fresh herbs would be even better.

 
So yummy.  The crowd was pleased!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try this. I thought the granola recipe was a bit of a cheater since it's basically granola with 1/3 cup of quinoa, but after your negative experience, I don't blame you! This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete