Thursday, June 23, 2011

cleaning out my nostrils... not so hard... they've got good instincts

I finally finished sanding the oldest dresser in the history of time.  I almost gave up.  I started about a month after we moved into the new house... which was... wait what is the date today? TOMORROW. We moved in a year tomorrow. Crazy.  I started it, got 3/4 of the way through or more and then abandoned it in the car port with the rest of the JUNK out there that we weren't sure what to do with once we moved.  This is me. Saving money. Without a dresser for a year. ENRAGED that I have no place to put the stretched out clothes I wore while 4X pregnant with the little critters that inhabit my home.

It's old. It's solid wood and it's big.  It was free from Dave's sister in the first place.  Worth trying to salvage right?  It was green (no offense Paulina, it was a nice colour, just chipped, thick and time to come off).  Unfortunately, there are no before and after pictures; none that I am going to go digging for anyway.)

All I can tell you is that my nostrils are going insane.  One of them is half bleeding.... and they are just overall IRRITATED with me.  WITH ME!  The nerve.  How did I work on this project for a couple months last summer?  I spent 1 hour working on it today (that's all it took to get it done folks... yeesh when will I learn to complete things?!), and my body is physically hating me right now. Revolting in so so many ways.   Why do I choose to do things like this? Who am I? Seriously.

Now that the piece of crap is sanded. Now what? Paint it? Stain it?  Give up now completely?  I don't know. I kind of hate the thing right now. 





So give me your votes.  What? What do I DO now?!
Run to the nearest IKEA and buy the first thing I see?

4 comments:

  1. milk white paint for rustic look OR high gloss white for a more luxury look OR teal blue for fun OR chalkboard paint cause why not?!
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh yeah a darkish teal blue! or stain. Stain is always a good choice...blue stain? Cream is nice too..hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah - that was me - franciska.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, now that your nostrils are bleeding, did you think to wear a mask while you sanded that old lead-based paint off? Might be a good idea next time...
    Also, that's fir plywood. Please paint it and save the rest of the world from looking at stained fir. Yech!

    ReplyDelete